Locust Grove mission teams are focused on sharing Christ’s love in the areas of local missions, regional missions, international missions and emergency-disaster relief.
Examples of our mission activities:
- packing weekend lunches for underprivileged school children in our community
- stocking an on-campus food pantry for local families in need
- working on local service projects
- distributing smoke alarms to local families
- annual youth mission trips to work in impoverished areas of cities in the Southeast
Additionally we have partnered with Mission Firefly to help the indigenous Mayan people of Guatemala improve their lives and know the love of Christ. Locust Grove members of all ages currently travel to Guatemala multiple times each year to work in Guatemalan villages. We install water purification systems, conduct Bible Schools, construct homes, provide medical clinics, and mentor school teachers in the region.
If you would like to learn more about the direct involvement of Locust Grove in mission work and how you can help, please visit our Facebook page or contact our church office for more information.